Anger Management Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map Recycling

2 posters

Go down

Map Recycling Empty Map Recycling

Post  [AmG] RedTellyTubby 14th October 2009, 12:57 pm

After spnding some time digging through that six pages of maps we have I have easily flagged a few for removal and a few for testing with players on to get feedback.

The maps already flagged for removal in my eyes and by what others have told include:

- aim_colt_ak_css
- aim_shotty
- breakship_b12
- de_rats_shower
- glass_threefloors
- glass_threelevels
- de_deathcookin

The maps to review with players online include:

- aim_ag_texture_miggi
- de_morningwood_v2
- paintball
- de_saw
- fy_poolparty_v3
- glassassaultii_glasserver

The maps that seem to be popular and overall liked by the population of the server

- colt_knives
- aim_ag_texture_city_summer_v1
- aim_ag_texture_dblo
- aim_ag_texture_jungle
- aim_ag_texture_smallbridge
- cs_crackhouse
- cs_office
- cs_parkhouse
- de_dolls_2008_fixed
- de_dust2
- de_westwood
- fy_funtimes
- fy_iceworld_301
- fy_kingofthehill_usa
- glass_war_pro
- scoutznknives
- tmpknives_fixed
- troy_new_scoutzknivez

If you have any input on any of the maps on the above list please feel free to post. I made the discisions on the above maps by players responses to particular maps and overall play value of the maps.

Simple and Vamp, let me know what you think.

I will update the list as I finish testing the maps that need it. Hopefully with removing some of these redundant maps and bad maps we cna make room for some new good maps.

[AmG] RedTellyTubby

Back to top Go down

Map Recycling Empty Re: Map Recycling

Post  Sick-Killa 14th October 2009, 1:08 pm

Death Cookin is a fun map, most of the players seem to enjoy it when it comes up. otherwise, I'd say remove the rest of them as well. Assaulti seems to be ok, but the others on review could go too.. Maybe put a limit to the amount of scoutsknives maps we have. We could use some new maps that aren't too big, and not too small. Dolls is almost perfect size for the amount of players we normally get.. Also, Crackhouse can be, as long as you don't have people going out of the map, or rushing spawns.

Sick-Killa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [AmG] RedTellyTubby 14th October 2009, 1:15 pm

I have ye to actually get a chance to play a full round of deathcookin. Everytime we hit it, people rtv out of it. Maybe we cna leave it in a little longer and see what happens.

Currently we only have two scoutzknives maps, then we have coltknives and tmpknives. Personally I wouldn't care to see tmpknives and coltknives go. I much rather play true scoutknives if any of them.

If you read my other post about some map suggestions you can see I have suggested some middle ground amps that would be perfect for our server population. Also I think we should throw in some of the original de_ maps like cble, trains, and dust. Old school is always a favorite of mine.

Crackhouse is a good map, however it is way way over played on this server. However, I think that is due to the lack of "good" maps that everyone wants to play. Westwood is a great map, we need to look into getting westwood_07 instead, its a lot better and people from my last server really really enjoyed it.

Unfortually, people are going to find a way to "glitch" maps regardless if its rushing, going outside the map, etc. All we can do is enforce the rules more clearly and bring about punishments for people who break the rules. I have noticed that the ammount of spawn killers has dropped considerably more recently with people actually getting punished for it. I think as long as we stay on track of punishing rule breaks we can get away from a lot of these "rule breakers".

[AmG] RedTellyTubby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sick-Killa 14th October 2009, 1:27 pm

I agree with you. I hate westwood, but that's just my opinion. Too small for me. If it was a pistols only map, it'd be a blast. There's not alot of room to really move around, and too many hiding spots for campers just trying to avoid deaths.

Sick-Killa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [AmG] RedTellyTubby 14th October 2009, 1:33 pm

[quote="Sick-Killa"]If it was a pistols only map, it'd be a blast.quote]

Is there a way to implement that? Or a way to edit the map so it is strictly a pistol map?

If so, that would make westwood crazy fun, kinda like how aim_deagle is. Straight pistol map, and it is fun as hell.

[AmG] RedTellyTubby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sick-Killa 14th October 2009, 3:56 pm

If the server had a gun spawn addon. and removed buy areas. just spawn full selection of pistols at each spawn. I know you can do it in 1.6 .. not sure about source, never had a source server.

Sick-Killa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum